Thursday, April 14, 2011

Compassion

My son's school has a program called Early Act First Knights program. This is a program that teaches seven virtues of knightly character to all of the students at his school. These virtues will help the students to grow into becoming  good productive citizens in society. They are taught one virtue a month and every 3 months the school has a "Knighting ceremony". The teachers pick one student in their class that exhibits knightly behavior and then that student is recognized and receives a medal during the ceremony. Well, today my son was recognized (knighted) for the virtue of Compassion... I was surprised and proud of him all at the same time. As a parent my husband and I try to teach our son how to treat others with respect and use his manners, but sometimes I wonder if he's really listening or not. I get to see glimpses of how my son demonstrates compassion at home and when he is with his relatives. Today it was nice to hear from his teacher how he demonstrated compassion to others at school. I am sooo very proud you son, continue to be who you are and you will grow up to become an amazing man.


Medal for the Virtue of Compassion

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! What a cool program. Give your son a big "thumbs up" for me!

    ReplyDelete