Monday, April 25, 2011

My son's 8th birthday

It's hard to believe that eight years ago, my husband and I expanded our family and had a baby boy. When I first found out I was pregnant I REALLY wanted the baby to be a girl, but at the same time I was just so excited to be experiencing this miracle that it didn't matter in the end if I had a girl or a boy I just wanted the baby to be healthy. On April 21st my son, Lucas was born. Weighing  6 lbs 10 oz. and measuring at 19.5 inches long...since that day he has grown into a bright, compassionate and energetic boy.
Hubby and I had decided that since he was getting rather old for traditional birthday parties, that we would plan for our son to have a sleepover. He was allowed to invite five of his really good friends and we would have pizza, games, movies and of course cake and/or cookies. All of the kids had such a good time, there was alot of energy and excitement that night. At least hubby and I can say that we officially survived our son's first sleepover..LOL

 Eating birthday pizza

 Eating birthday dessert

 Opening gifts

Playing Just Dance on the Wii

No comments:

Post a Comment